Prior To Connection:
- Blackboard Data access must be enabled in order to use this connection method. For more information on enabling this service, please visit https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_Data/Get_Blackboard_Data
- Ensure access to your institutional Blackboard Data account. Without institutional access, you may not be able to complete setup, or may see incomplete data.
Blackboard Data Setup:
- Log in to https://data.blackboard.com using either your institutional account.
- If you have previously enabled a service account, please reset your password to avoid connection issues. If you have not enabled a service account, expand the menu by clicking the 3 bar icon in the top left, then choose "Settings" under Developer:
- To enable the service account, click "Change Password"
- Next, click "Developer" in the left menu.
- From the Developer page, find the "Access Your Institutional Data" card and click "Launch Snowflake"
- This will open Snowflake in a new tab or window.
- First, copy the url from the browser's address bar. Only include the portion between https:// and .com, such as "xxx12345.snowflakecomputing.com"
- Use the service account name and password from BB Data to log in.
- Note: do not use SSO or a personal account to login, make sure you are logging in with the BB Data service account.
- From the Left menu, click Data then Databases:
- Find the database you wish to connect to IBPro in the middle column, and click it to expand permissions in the right hand window:
- All we need from here is to copy the database name - typically "BLACKBOARD_DATA_" followed by a hash number. You will need to copy the entire hash number along with the prefix for step 3.4 below.
IntelliBoard Pro Setup:
- From your IB Pro admin account, select Integrations from the top menu.
- Find the BlackBoard Data card and click +Connect.
- Enter the information as required:
- Name: Friendly name for the connection
- Host: this is the url from Snowflake, step 7 above. Reminder: only include the portion between https:// and ".com"
- Port: 443 is the default port for Snowflake. Confirm the user has not changed this.
- Data Base Name: this is the database name copied from Snowflake under CDM_LMS.
- URL: https://data.blackboard.com
- Username: the service account username (ex: SVC_BLACKBOARD_DATA) or preferred/current Snowflake account.
- Password: the service account password or password for your previously activated Snowflake account.
- Set the connection to active, choose the processing frequency, and click save.