Canvas Data 2 Connection
Note: Canvas Data 2 is a supplementary connection that replaces the Live Events service. You will still need to connect flat files and data service for full Canvas reporting.
- To generate keys for Canvas Data 2, visit identity.instructure.com and search for your institution:
- You will be required to login to your Canvas account using administrator credentials.
- Click the +Add New Key button in the top left.
- Give the key a name
- Choose an expiration date
- Under Key Type, choose “Institutional Use” and click Save
- Note: While IntelliBoard is listed under the “Instructure Partner” choice, this will email us the keys directly and may delay setup over proceeding with the Institutional Use choice.
- The site will then display the Client ID and Secret. If you are not ready to paste these credentials to IntelliBoard, save them in a secure location until ready.
- If you already have Canvas set up in your IntelliBoard account, go to Connection Settings and add the Key and Secret from the last steps under the “Canvas Data Tokens” section:
- Otherwise, set up Canvas using the URL of your instance along with the Client ID and Secret from the Developer Keys menu under Admin, and add the Data 2 Tokens during this process.
- Select the processing frequency for Canvas Data 2: data is refreshed every 4 hours for the Data 2 stream. Select how frequently you need the data to be imported to the IntelliBoard platform.
- Once all information is entered, click Continue
- You will need to process the connection manually the first time after adding new credentials.
For additional information contact HelpDesk@IntelliBoard.net