Interested in seeing IntelliBoard inside Canvas? Not a problem, create an LTI connection. Click HERE to see how it will be shown inside your LMS system.
Before you get started...
- Prior to creating an LTI connection, you must have an IntelliBoard subscription. Sign up for IntelliBoard here, or work with your Canvas partner.
- Prior to creating an LTI connection, you must create a successful connection between your IntelliBoard subscription and your Canvas system. Additional information on the connection can be found here.
- From the Canvas side, enable the "LOR External Tools" feature option. Questions able enabling the LOR External Tool should be directed to your Canvas CSM.
- The Global Navigation menu is tied to having Canvas Commons turned on within an environment. If you have Commons turned on, you can add items to the Global Navigation Menu, if not, they aren't able to be added. As Commons is not accessible within the test environments, this means that (by unfortunate default) items added to the main Navigation menu will simply not show up in the test or beta environments.
- NOTE: Your IntelliBoard Account and your Canvas Admin User account must have matching emails for LTI.
Steps to Create LTI
1) Ensure Canvas and IntelliBoard Connection
- From your IntelliBoard account, ensure you have a successful connection with your Canvas system. Additional details about creating the connection can be found here.
- From IntelliBoard, click Settings + Options, then Servers. Choose the Server you wish to edit by clicking on the Name of the server or the edit sprocket.
- Return to your Canvas LMS.
2) Create LTI Connection inside Canvas
- Log on as a Canvas Administrator; NOTE: Your IntelliBoard Account and your Canvas Admin User account must have matching emails for LTI.
- From the main page, click Admin and then select the preferred Admin Account
- From the preferred Admin Account, click Settings
- From Settings, click on the Apps tabs
- From Apps, click View App Configurations
- From View App Configurations, click Add
- From Add App, complete the following details:
Configuration Type: Change drop down to By URL
Name: Choose any name for your LTI
The three following items are found inside IntelliBoard:
Return to IntelliBoard > Settings + Options > Servers > Edit Server
- Copy and Paste Consumer Key (Consumer Key inside IntelliBoard)
- Copy and Paste Shared Secret (Consumer Secret inside IntelliBoard)
- Copy and Paste Config URL (URL Inside IntelliBoard)
To create the LTI in the root account, utilize the URL with =root at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=root
To create the LTI in the SubAccount, utilize the URL with =account at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=account
To create the LTI in the course menu, use the URL with =course at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=course
See additional screenshot below.
Return to IntelliBoard > Settings + Options > Servers > Edit Server > Find Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, and Config URL. Consumer Key (Consumer Key), Shared Secret (Consumer Secret), and Config URL (URL)
- After the necessary information is added, click Submit.
- IntelliBoard will be listed as an External App.
- To see completed LTI, click IntelliBoard Reports & Analytics from the main Navigation Bar. IntelliBoard inside Canvas appears below!
Note: When creating the LTI connection from the main/root account, the link to the connection will be placed in the global navigation menu (see image above). To create the LTI in the root account, use the URL with =root at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=root
When creating the LTI connection from a sub-account, the link to the connection will be placed in the secondary account-specific menu (Admin), where it can be available for everyone under this sub-account (see image below).
To create the LTI in the SubAccount, use the URL with =account at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=account
The LTI can be alternatively added to the course menu. By doing this, teachers from one sub-account can use IntelliBoard and InContact inside the LMS without having to add it to the global navigation menu where users without IntelliBoard accounts would see it too.
To create the LTI in the course menu, use the URL with =course at the end. Ex/ https://lti.intelliboard.net/lti.php/config/canvas/us/3193?type=course. When the LTI is added to the course menu, it is not visible on the global navigation menu.
Why "App Restart Application" error appears when you try to load the IntelliBoard via LTI in Google Chrome?
Google Chrome has a specific setting Block third-party cookies that impacts on the LTI displaying. You'll need to go to browser settings, switch this off, and clear your browser cache to bring the LTI back.
For additional questions, contact helpdesk@IntelliBoard.net .