The Learner Success and Progress report displays all demographic data captured within the user profile. The Learner Success & Progress report allows you to filter by grade.
Location: Reports > User Reports > By Learner Role
- Search for data in your report instantly. Confirm columns are included in the search under 'Personalize Report'.
- Filter your data and/or dates! Most reports include several filters (to the right of the search box) and a time filter.
- If the user's name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Learner Overview Page.
- If the course name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Course Overview Page.
- Personalize the columns in your report and add custom user profile fields.
- Export your data in an XLS, CSV, or PDF.
- Share your data via email, scheduled report, or API key. You can also bookmark your report.
- More questions? Use the chat box inside the report or click HERE.
SPECIFIC REPORT INFORMATION
THIS REPORT'S FILTER(S):
- Course: Select the specific course to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Accounting" will only show user's activity in this course)
- Grade: Select the grade to appear in the report (i.e. Selecting "A (93-100%)" will only show the users who got A grade in the course)
THIS REPORT'S DATE FILTER(S): Choose the specific filter (Enrollment Date, Course Start Date or Time Spent) in the LMS system and time will filter by this indicator - i.e.
- Selecting "Filter by Enrollment Date" in the right filter and "Last Month" in the left filter will only show users who have been enrolled in the LMS system in the last month
- Selecting "Filter by Course Start Date" in the right filter and "Last Month" in the left filter will only show users in courses that started in the last month
- Selecting "Filter by Time Spent" in the right filter and "Last Month" in the left filter will show the time spent in the associated course in the last month for all users
NOTE: When it’s chosen, records will be not filtered, only their values in columns “visits“, “participations”, “time spent“ will be updated by the selected period of time.
NOTE: Clients with large Canvas site should allow for Time Spent processing.
THIS REPORT'S COLUMNS:
User Name: User's First and Last Name, as entered in the LMS system
Email: User's Email, as entered in the LMS system
Course Name: Course name associated with user in LMS system
Course SIS ID: Unique SIS ID for the course in the LMS system
Instructors: First and last name(s) of course instructor(s)
Course Start Date: Date when course started
Enrollment Start Date: Date when user was enrolled in the course
Progress: Learner's progress in course. Greyed out box designate's user's current grade; dotted line designates the average grade of all users
Grade: Letter grade associated with your LMS system's gradebook (i.e. Your system determines whether an "A" is a 90 or a 93)
Completed Activities: The number of activities the user completed in a particular course
Score: User's current grade in course
Status: Designates if the user has completed or not completed the course
Page Views: The number of times users have visited pages in the course (for the last 2 academic years)
Time Spent: The amount of time users have spent in the associated course (calculated through Page Views for correlations with visits)
Participations: Total number of user's participation in an activity that required action.
The following user actions will generate course participation analytics:
- Announcements: posts a new comment to an announcement
- Assignments: submits an assignment
- Collaborations: loads a collaboration to view/edit a document
- Conferences: joins a web conference
- Discussions: posts a new comment to a discussion
- Pages: creates a page
- Quizzes: submits a quiz
- Quizzes: starts taking a quiz
Last Participation: User's last date and time of participation in the course
Last Access Date: The date the user last accessed the course
Total Assignment Submissions: The total number of user's assignments submitted in the course; remember that in Canvas all activities are assignments, even quizzes (included in this column)
Total Quiz Submissions: The total number of user's quizzes submitted in the course (only quizzes)
Total Discussion Posts: The total number of user's submission posts is the course
Total Conference Participations: The total number of user's conference participations within the course
Total Collaboration Participations: The total number of user's collaboration participations within the course
Number of Late Submissions: Number of user's late submissions within the course
Number of Missing Submissions: Number of user's missing submissions within the course
Find the blue chat box inside the report or at our website or click HERE for more.