Here what you should know about D2L. Before you get started:
D2L Data is a flatfile download of historical data within the D2L databases; it is updated every 24 hours by D2L and IntelliBoard.
In order for the processing of reports and analytics to visualize at an acceptable speed, IntelliBoard integrates with the D2L Data Hub and duplicates selected data points to IntelliBoard servers under Client account authentication. No other clients can access that data set, and each data set is located in a specific location assigned to that specific client, similar to how D2L and other entities segregate server data with the highest security possible. No direct access to data exists, other than through the IntelliBoard application itself.
Recently, IntelliBoard introduced filters for D2L for the purpose of limiting the size of the data copied to IntelliBoard storage. If clients choose to view data for 1 year only, then the dataset is copied for that year only.
IntelliBoard uses access and processes the D2L Data Hub, authenticated by D2L. Only D2L Partners have access to the D2L API and D2L Data processing. IntelliBoard is a D2L partner.
IntelliBoard is certified by Privacy Shield, (https://www.privacyshield.gov/program-overview), which monitors our actions to GDPR standards. IntelliBoard was approved in December, 2018, and will undergo the required annual review henceforth.
When we store data (D2L) it is stored in IntelliBoard’s iHub which is on Amazon Web Services.
HOW TO CONNECT INTELLIBOARD TO D2L LMS
Step 1: Creating an IntelliBoard account
Create an account at https://app.intelliboard.net/signin.
Note: you may use a full guide HERE.
Step 2: Creating D2L Connection
Settings + Options > Servers > + Add New > D2L Connection
- Log in to IntelliBoard
- Click Settings + Options > Servers > + Add New > D2L Connection
- Name your LMS and add your D2L URL
- Keep this tab open
Step 3: Working from the D2L side
Admin Tools > Manage Extensibility > OAuth 2.0 > Register in app
- In another tab, log in to your D2L LMS with Super-Admin credentials
- Go to the Admin Tools > Manage Extensibility > OAuth 2.0 > Register in app
- Return to IntelliBoard, on the “Add Connection” screen find and copy the first Redirect URI
- In your D2L LMS, use the Redirect URI to create a New Application. Name the Application. Paste the URIs into the Redirect URIs field. Put the core:*:* into the Scope field. Save Application
- Go to newly created application and copy the Client ID and Client Secret
Step 4: Completing the creation of the D2L Connection
- Back to the IntelliBoard tab, paste the Client ID and Client Secret. Save your Connection
- Go back to the connection. At the top right corner click Refresh D2L Cache, it will take up to minute to be executed
- Click Go To Dashboard
- Go back to Settings + Options > Servers > [Your D2L connection]. Select Teacher Roles and Learner Roles associated with your LMS system. Save the connection
You are now connected and ready to see YOUR D2L LMS data. Return to the Platform to view your Dashboard, pull reports and build Monitors!
How often is my data updated in IntelliBoard?
The data IntelliBoard displays from D2L is populated by D2L’s Data Hub. Utilizing cached Data Hub data allows for faster processing speeds. This cached data is automatically refreshed every 24 hours by IntelliBoard. D2L’s Data Hub is also refreshed every 24 hours.
For additional assistance, please email HelpDesk@IntelliBoard.net or click HERE.