Prior to making monitors visible in Totara, please confirm the following items:
- The IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber) must be logged on to IntelliBoard; SubAccounts/IB users cannot manage the monitors that are visible inside Totara.
- The IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber) must previously have accepted the terms, conditions, and privacy statements from IntelliBoard.net
- The IntelliBoard Admin's (main subscriber's) email must be saved inside IntelliBoard's local plugin settings inside the LMS: Site Adminstration > Plugins > Local Plugins > IntelliBoard > Settings
- The connection between IntelliBoard and the Totara system must be successful.
Making Monitors Visible in Totara
Monitors are made visible in Totara through an API key.
Monitor Sets may be made available to the Admin Dashboard and/or the Instructor Dashboard. If the Instructor is permitted to see Dashboards, the Dashboards will contain sitewide data and will not be limited to just the Instructors' course(s).
Monitors can be made visible in Totara two ways:
1) From Settings
2) From a Specific Monitor Set
- Only Monitor Set(s) can be made visible in Totara (If you would only like to show one specific monitor, that specific monitor still needs to be created into a Monitor Set)
- If you choose to make Monitor Sets visible in the Instructor Dashboard, know that the data will still be site-wide data.
1) From Settings (Settings > Monitors in LMS)
STEP 1: From Settings, click Monitors in LMS
STEP 2: Review the Connection (i.e. in this image we are working with the Demo Site LMS), edit if needed
STEP 3: Use the toggle bar to enable (blue) or disable (grey) the particular Monitor Sets for he Admin Dashboard and the Instructor Dashboard.
NOTE: If you choose to make Monitor Sets visible in the Instructor Dashboard, know that the data will still be site-wide data.
2) From a Specific Monitor Set (Monitors > Monitor Set)
STEP 1: From a Monitor Set, click "Personalize Monitor"
STEP 2: From the Personalize Monitor Set page, click "Visible in Totara"
STEP 3: Select which Dashboard(s) should have access to the Monitor Set. NOTE: If you have multiple LMS connections, all Connection(s) and Dashboard(s) will populate in the drop down menu.