Admin Filters allow you, the IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber), to choose which Users, Courses, Cohorts/ Audiences, etc. you'll be able to review in your account.
Before you get started...
- Admin Filters are available on each level.
- You MUST clear cache after making the settings to see the change.
Editing Admin Filters
Most importantly, an Admin's view of data may be restricted to specific Users, Courses, Cohorts/ Audiences, etc. If you do not limit the data, it defaults to showing the site-wide Totara data. To limit the data by User(s), Course(s), Cohort(s)/ Audience(s), etc. follow the steps below:
- From navigation menu go to Settings + Options > Servers > [Your connection]
- From the connection page, click Admin Filters
- This page looks similar to Totara's Authorized User Page. You will see five sets of boxes: 1) Assigned Users, 2) Assigned Custom User Profile Fields, 3) Assigned Courses, 4) Assigned Categories, and 5) Assigned Cohorts (or Totara Audiences)
- Click "Load Data" or simply use the search box (highlighted by the grey insert)
- To Assign User(s), Course(s), or Cohort(s)/ Audience(s), etc., highlight the item in the right box and use the arrows to move to the left box. Unassign by using the arrows to move from the left box to the right box. LEFT BOXES = ASSIGNED TO ADMIN; RIGHT BOXES = UNASSIGNED TO ADMIN
- Assignments are automatically saved; click "Back to Connection" when complete
Important Notes on Permissions:
- When assigning USERS, the Admin will see all the User and the User's courses.
- When assigning CUSTOM USER PROFILE FIELDS, the Admin will see all the User and the User's Custom User Profile Fields.
- When assigning COURSES, the Admin will see the Courses and the User's inside the courses.
- When assigning CATEGORIES, the Admin will see the Courses in the Category and the User's inside the courses.
- When assigning COHORTS/ AUDIENCES, the Admin will see the Users in the Cohort/ Audience as well as all those Users' courses.
- You may assign users, courses, cohorts/ audiences (and any combination thereof), etc., but be careful as to not overassign data.
For additional assistance, please email Helpdesk@IntelliBoard.net.