The Forum Post Ratio report is commonly used to inform forum engagement evaluations for both learners and instructors.
Location: Reports > Activity Reports > Forum
- Search for data in your report instantly. Confirm columns are included in the search under 'Personalize Report'.
- Filter your data and/or dates! Most reports include several filters (to the right of the search box) and a time filter.
- If the user's name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Learner Overview Page.
- If the course name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Course Overview Page.
- Personalize the columns in your report and add custom user profile fields.
- Export your data in an XLS, CSV, or PDF.
- Share your data via email, scheduled report, or API key. You can also bookmark your report.
- More questions? Use the chat box inside the report or click HERE.
SPECIFIC REPORT INFORMATION
THIS REPORT'S FILTER(S):
- Course: Select the specific course to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Accounting" will only show user's activity in this course)
- Discussion: Select the discussion in the course to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Announcements" will only show user's activity in this discussion)
- User Role: Select the role in Totara to appear in the report (i.e. Selecting "Mentor" will only show the users who have the Mentor role)
- Forum Type: Select the forum type to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Show Totara Core Forum" will only show user's activity in this type of forum)
THIS REPORT'S DATE FILTER(S): Time will filter by Forum Creation Date in the LMS system (i.e. Selecting "Last Month" will only show forums that were created in the LMS system in the last month)
THIS REPORT'S BLOCKS:
- Forum Participation
- Data Table
The first graph displays the the Forum Participation for both student and selected user posts. The chose user (in this example it is "Teacher") is the blue line; student posts are the black line. Hovering over the line will pull up a tool-tip with additional details.
|Course||Course name as entered in the LMS system|
|Forum||The name of the Forum associated with the course|
|Discussion Post||The name of the Discussion associated with the post|
|# Of Role Posts||The amount of the chosen role's posts (i.e., # Of Teacher Posts)|
|# Of Student Posts||The amount of learners' posts|
|Teacher To Student Post Ratio||Ratio between chosen user and learner posts|
|Date of Post||The date of the post|
|Teacher||Name associated with the chosen role|
Find the blue chat box inside the report or at our website or click HERE for more.