The Discussion Post Ratio report is commonly used to inform discussion engagement evaluations for both learners and instructors.
Location: Reports > Activity Reports > Forum
- Search for data in your report instantly. Confirm columns are included in the search under 'Personalize Report'.
- Filter your data and/or dates! Most reports include several filters (to the right of the search box) and a time filter.
- If the user's name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Learner Overview Page.
- If the course name is hyperlinked, clicking will return the Course Overview Page.
- Personalize the columns in your report.
- Export your data in an XLS, CSV, or PDF.
- Share your data via email, scheduled report, or API key. You can also bookmark your report.
- More questions? Use the chat box inside the report or click HERE.
SPECIFIC REPORT INFORMATION
THIS REPORT'S FILTER(S):
- Course: Select the specific course to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Accounting" will only show user's activity in this course)
- User Role: Select the role in Canvas to appear in the report (i.e. Selecting "Mentor" will only show the users who have the Mentor role)
- Discussion: Select the discussion in the course to appear on the report (i.e. Selecting "Announcements" will only show user's activity in this discussion)
THIS REPORT'S DATE FILTER(S): Time will filter by Forum Creation Date in the LMS system (i.e. Selecting "Last Month" will only show discussions that were created in the LMS system in the last month)
THIS REPORT'S COLUMNS:
Course: Course name as entered in the LMS system
Discussion Post: The name of the Discussion associated with the course
# Of [User Role] Posts: The amount of the chosen role's posts (i.e., # Of Teacher Posts)
# Of Student Posts: The amount of learners' posts
[User Role] To Student Post Ratio: Ratio between chosen role and learner posts
Date of Post: The date of the post
Instructor: Course instructor as entered in the LMS system
Find the blue chat box inside the report or at our website or click HERE for more.