The individual configuring the IntelliBoard connection must be an Administrator of Brighstpace with the full admin permissions.
Before you get started...
- You must have an IntelliBoard account.
- There is no additional plugin or block needed to make a connection with Brightspace.
- IntelliBoard is a web-based service. If your LMS is behind a firewall, a port will need to be configured for the IntelliBoard service to connect. Contact email@example.com for additional details.
IntelliBoard Pro leverages Brightspaces OAuth 2.0 connection with a Brightspace App. Keys are created which allows IntelliBoard Pro to process the Brightspace data on a daily basis.
Making the Initial Connection
Step 1: Integrations > Select Your LMS Type
- Click Integrations.
- Under desired connection, click "+ Connect".
Step 2: Add Connection Details
Enter the following information:
|LMS Name||Text Box; Required Field; Name the connection for identification purposes.|
|URL||Text Box; Required Field; Copy and Paste the URL of your LMS Note: Include HTTPS:// and do not include any additional pathways|
|Client Key||Text Box; Required Field; Created inside Brightspace. Note the additional steps below.|
|Client Secret Key||Text Box; Required Field; Created inside Brightspace. Note the additional steps below.|
|Category||Drop Down; Required Field; Select a Category for your Connection. Note the additional steps below.|
|Active||Check Box; Check on to enable the connection. Connections must be active to process.|
|Process at Hour||Drop Down; Required Field; Select the hour to process your data daily. Note additional steps below.|
Creating Client Key
- From Admin Tools > Manage Extensibility (under Organization Related Header)
Direct Pathway: /d2l/lp/extensibility/home
- Click "OAuth 2.0" in the header
Direct Pathway: /d2l/lp/extensibility/oauth2
- Click "Register and App"
- Insert the follow details under "Register an Application" and Save
|Application Name||IntelliBoard Pro|
|Description||IntelliBoard Pro Connection|
|T+Cs||Select All 3 Terms|
- Upon save, Client Key and Client Secret Key will be created. Copy and paste into IntelliBoard Pro.
Creating a Connection Category
IntelliBoard allows you to create categories for your connections. For additional information click here.
Select a time for Daily Processing
IntelliBoard allows you to select a time to process your data. We recommend choosing an 'off hour' to have the freshest data for the next day.
Step 3: Click Continue
Upon clicking Continue, you'll see green check marks on URL and Keys if the connection is successful and be redirected to authorize the connection through Brightspace. If unsuccessful, please review the steps above to adjust settings. For additional assistance, please contact Helpdesk@intelliboard.net
Step 4: Click Accept
Brightspace LMS will prompt to authorize IntelliBoard to connect. Click "Accept".
Step 5: Review Filter Settings
From within IntelliBoard, review the following Filter Settings, make selections, and save.
|User Filters||Drop Down; Required; See details below for options.|
|Course Filters > Course||Drop Down; Required; See details below for options.|
|Course Filters > Semester||Drop Down; See details below for options.|
|Course Filters > Org Unit||Drop Down; See details below for options.|
|Types of Categories > Category||Radio Selection; Required; See below for options.|
1) All Users - All Users in the System
2) Active Users - All unhidden/unsuspended users in the System
Course Filters > Course:
1) All Courses - All Courses in the System
2) Active Courses- All unhidden/inactive courses in the System
Course Filters > Semesters:
1) All Semesters - All Semesters in the System, including newly added Semesters
2) Partial Semesters - Partial Semesters; select certain Semesters within your system to bring into IntelliBoard
Course Filters > Org Units:
1) All Org Units - All Org Units in the System, including newly added Org Units
2) Partial Org Units - Partial Org Units ; select certain Org Units within your system to bring into IntelliBoard
Types of Categories > Categories:
Choose one of three options, to match how your Org Units are defined by: 1) Department, 2) Semester, OR 3) Course Templates
Step 6: Review Role Settings
From within IntelliBoard, review the following Role Settings, make selections, and save. Each section is populated with all roles inside your LMS.
Map your LMS roles to IntelliBoard Roles. This is important for role clarity within the Builder, IB Users, and the LTI.
When complete, please click save.
|Instructor Roles||Drop Down; Required|
|Learner Roles||Drop Down; Required|
|Admin Roles||Drop Down|
|Course Admin Roles||Drop Down|
Step 7: Process Data
Direct Link: https://next.intelliboard.net/connections
- From Manage my IntelliBoard Account, click My Connections
- Click the name of the URL or Edit, to open the connection.
- Click on Process Data
For additional assistance, please email helpdesk@IntelliBoard.net.