Before getting connected,
Note: IntelliBoard strongly recommends the individual configuring the IntelliBoard connection must be a Site Administrator of Moodle with the ability to enable web services, change web protocols, and create Moodle tokens.
IntelliBoard is a web-based service. If your LMS is behind a firewall, a port will need to be configured for the IntelliBoard service to connect. For more information about IP addresses, contact us!
- FIRST! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for IntelliBoardNext Plugin!
- HERE for the steps to installing the Plugin.
Click HERE for a step-by-step connection video!
Check the following Moodle settings:
Step 1: Enable Web Service
- From Moodle LMS system, go to Site Administration > Advance Features.
- Ensure that Enable Web Service is on (check box).
- Click "Save Changes".
Step 2: Enable REST Protocol
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Manage Protocols
- Ensure either REST is enabled (open eye).
Step 3: Check Authorized Users through External Services
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > External Services
- Search for IntelliData Service, it should show "All Users"
**Note: The User, whom you will later create a token for, must-have LMS site privileges and permissions to create and manage tokens
Step 4: Create Token for "IntelliData" Web Service
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Manage Tokens
- Click "Add" to create a new token
- Select the following:
- User: Select a user, who has LMS site permissions to create and manage tokens
- Service: IntelliData Service
- Click "Save Changes".
Before moving to Connection in IntelliBoard Next, Migration tasks must be processed.
Step 1: After the IntelliData plugin is installed set up file exporting for migration
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Local plugins > IntelliData > General
- Make sure Export files during migration setting is enabled (turn on if it's not)
- Save settings
Step 2: Check if Cron Jobs for IntelliData are enabled
- Go to Site Administration > Server > Tasks > Scheduled Tasks
- Look for Migration Tasks for IntelliData
- Enable Migration Tasks
- Look for Export Tasks for IntelliData
- Enable Export Tasks if it's not on
Step 3: Check the status of Migration Tasks
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Local Plugins > IntelliData > Migrations
- Check if all tasks are Completed to move to the connection
- Move to your IntelliBoard Next account for connection completion
NOTE: Initial processing of Migration Tasks will take a while. Migration tasks will process a little amount of data at a time every hour to not overload your LMS server. Until all Migration Tasks will be completed, you will not be able to complete your Connection.
To speed up the processing of migration tasks, you can choose one of the following steps:
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Local Plugins > IntelliData > Migration processing limit- extend limit of migration. Note: We recommend using the default value of 1000000. You can extend the limit but the bigger limit you will set the bigger impact it will have on your LMS server.
- Via Command Line run next commands (NOTE: we recommend doing this during quiet hours, so your users will not be impacted):
- cd public_html/local/intellidata/cli
- 2php migration_process.php
- 3php export_process.php
- "Run Now" cron jobs for Migration tasks. For details on configurations for the manual running of cron jobs contact us at HelpDesk@IntelliBoard.net (Note: manual running of cron jobs also must be done during quiet hours or when the usage of your LMS is low)
Getting Connected to IntelliBoard Next!
Step 1: Create Moodle Connection
- Log into IntelliBoard http://next.intelliboard.net/ with the main subscription email.
- Click "Integrations".
- Under Moodle Connection, click "+ Connect".
Step 2: Adding Moodle Site to IntelliBoard
- Add your LMS Name - for identification purposes.
- Add your LMS URL.
- Add Token** which can be found from your Moodle.
**Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Manage Tokens > (Under IntelliData Service)
- Choose Category - for identification purposes.
- Under Advanced Settings, check "Active Connection".
Step 3: Adding IntelliBoard to Moodle
- From Moodle LMS, go to Site Administration > Plugins > (Under Local Plugins) IntelliData.
- Copy Encryption Key from Intelliboard (previous step) to Moodle in field API Key.
- Copy Client Identifier from Intelliboard (previous step) to Moodle in field API Identifier.
- Click "Save".
Step 4: Setting up LMS Filter Settings
- Return to IntelliBoard, click "-> Continue".
Note: Upon clicking Continue, you'll see 4 green check marks on URL, Token, Encryption Key, and Client Identifier if the connection is successful and be directed to the LMS Filter Settings page.
- Set in User filters to filter the Moodle users you want to see in IntelliBoard.
- All Users: To show all users in your Moodle LMS.
- Active Users: To show only active users in your Moodle LMS.
- Set in Course filters to filter the Moodle courses that you want to see in IntelliBoard.
- Select the Teacher Roles and Learner Roles as defined in your Moodle LMS.
- Click "Save".
Step 5: Data Processing
- Upon saving, it will direct you to the Connection page.
- Click on your newly created Moodle connection.
- Click on "Process Data" and let it process.