Click HERE for step-by-step connection video!
- From your Canvas account, go to Admin > Developer Keys
- Click on "+ Developer Key" and then "+ API Key" to create a new API.
- Log into IntelliBoard http://next.intelliboard.net/ with the main subscription email.
- Click "Integrations".
- Under Canvas Connection, click "+ Connect".
- Under Connection Information, add your LMS Name (for identification purpose) and your LMS URI
- Copy the redirect URL.
- Return to your Canvas Key Settings, name the Key Name. Next paste the copied redirect URI into the Redirect URIs field.
- Click "Save".
- On this step you can choose API permissions (Scopes) for Developer key, we recommend disabling this checkbox but if you want to use scopes you can enable required scopes:
- Search for the newly created Key in the Developer Key page.
- Ensure that the Status of the key is "ON".
- Under Details, copy the Client ID and Client Secret Key (Note that the secret key is hidden by default. Click "Show Key" to see it).
- Return to IntelliBoard, paste the copied Client ID and Client Secret Key to the respective field.
- Go to Admin > Canvas Data Portal**.
**Note: If you do not see Canvas Data Portal, please reach out to a member of your CSM team to enable your Canvas Data Portal.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click "Create Credentials".
- Copy the credentials which will be the Data Client ID and Data Client Secret.
- Return to IntelliBoard connection page.
- Paste the copied Data Client ID and Data Client Secret (in Step 6) to the respective field.
- Under Advanced Settings, check "Active Connection".
- Click "-> Continue".
Note: Upon clicking Continue, you'll see 5 green check marks on URL, Client ID, Client Secret Data Client ID and Data Client Secret if the connection is successful.
- Canvas LMS will prompt to authorize IntelliBoard to connect. Click "Authorize".
- Upon successful connection, it will direct you to the Connection page.
- Under your Canvas connection, click on the "..." and then "Filters".
- Set in User Filters to filter the Canvas users you want to see in IntelliBoard.
1. Select Student Enrollment Status(es):
Invited: Students (not existing users in Canvas LMS) who are invited to the course, but haven’t accepted it yet.
Active: Students who have accessed and started the course.
Completed: Students who have completed the course.
Inactive: Students previously enrolled in a course, but who can no longer access course content.
Rejected: Students who rejected the course invitation.
Deleted: Students whose entire enrollment has been removed from a course.
Pending: Students (existing users in Canvas LMS) who are invited to the course, but haven’t accepted it yet.
2. Filter Subaccount: Select the subaccounts that you want to be shown in IntelliBoard.
3. Display Users with the Following Status(es):
Creation Pending: Users who were created in the LMS system and a confirmation email was sent to them, but they have not yet confirmed it.
Deleted: Users who are totally deleted from the LMS system.
Pre-Registered: Users who have been created in the LMS system, but not yet activated.
Registered: Users who are active in the LMS system.
- Set in Course Filters to filter the Canvas courses that you want to see in IntelliBoard.
1. Filter Term: Select Terms as defined in your LMS system that you want to be shown in IntelliBoard.
2. Display Courses with the Following Status(es):
Course Created: Courses that are created, but not published yet.
Course Available: Courses that are created and published, but not completed yet.
Course Completed: Courses that were concluded by teacher.
Course Claimed: Course that is undeleted and not published.
- Select the Teacher Roles and Learner Roles as defined in your Canvas LMS.
- Click "Save".
- Upon saving, it will direct you to the Connection page.
- Click on your Canvas connection.
- Click on "Process Data" and let it process.
FINISHED! You are now connected and ready to see all your Canvas LMS data!
NOTE: If you have not used Canvas Data in the last 2 weeks, please save and Process Canvas Data. Know that your data will take 24-48 hours to initially process inside IntelliBoard because of Canvas Data protocol.