IntelliBoard's Permit feature allows you, the IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber), to give certain people credentialed access to IntelliBoard.net where they will have permission to review certain data sets within certain reports.
Before you get started...
- You have to set up two components: 1) Organizational Role and 2) IB User.
- You must create an Organizational Role BEFORE creating an IB User.
- Details on Organizational Roles may be found here.
What is an IB User?
First things first, have you created an Organizational Role? If not, see information on and create Organizational Roles.
As the second component of Permit and designed by the IntelliBoard Admin, an IB User is a credentialed account for an individual person to access IntelliBoard.net. An email address serves as the unique identifier for credentialing purposes. An IB User account must first be assigned an Organizational Role (a template of reports and monitors).
For example, Sarah Frances is a District Manager; she need reports and monitors related to course enrollments, revenue and completion. Her Organizational Role is District Manager, this is assigned to her IB User, email@example.com. Harold Jones is the Dean of the Arts Program; he needs reports and monitors related to learner progress and instructor performance. His Organizational Role is Educational Dean, this is assigned to his IB User, firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are the IB users.
- IB Users are credentialed using an email address; the email address is the unique identifier. You may only use an email once for IntelliBoard.
- The same Organizational Role can be assigned to different IB Users.
- The Organizational Role template can be further edited for a specific IB User.
- While an Organizational Role may be the same as an LMS role, the two are not connected. LMS users within a LMS role are not automatically created as IB Users.
What is the difference between an Organizational Role and an IB User?
The Organizational Role is a type of role; the IB User account is an actual person. The Organizational Role is a template of reports; the IB User account is the specific credentialed account for IntelliBoard. The Organizational Role is assigned to a specific IB User.
For example, Dean Jane Smith is a specific IB User, who has the Organizational Role of Educational Dean. Dean Harold Jones is a specific IB User, who also has the Organizational Role of Educational Dean.
How to create an IB User
First of all, we need to reach the page where we can manage roles and users. To access it just click on your initials or profile picture in the top right corner and then click on Manage your IntelliBoard Account. Here you can then click on IB Users > Add IB User.
NOTE: Existing IB Users can be edited and/or deleted after clicking on the menu under Actions.
The first option is the one to upload an image for the avatar of the IB User you are creating. After that, you will have to fill in the account information:
- Role - Choose between the existing (and active) roles which one to assign to this specific IB User.
- Email Address - The email address that the IB User will need to access their account.
- First Name - The first name of the user.
- Last Name - The last name of the user.
- Password - The password that the IB User will need to access their account.
- Job Title - This is an optional field to specify the job title of the IB User in case it is different from the role assigned.
- Status - Choose between Inactive = Not available for use (but also not deleted) and Active = Available for use.
Note: the IB Users will be able to change their personal information (including email address and password) from their own profiles.
Next, in the Connections section, you will see already selected the connections that you have previously associated with the Organizational Role upon its creation. The IB Users will see data coming only from the connections selected in this section. If you want to make changes, select more or less connections, you are free to do it here: the Organizational Role is a template that can be personalized when creating IB Users!
Once you have confirmed the connection(s), you can choose which Dashboards this IB User will have access to. You can either choose between All and None or manually select from all the existing dashboards the specific ones that they will be able to see. By default, you will see already selected the dashboards that you have previously associated with the Organizational Role upon its creation and you can further personalize this selection.
The same is valid for our IntelliBoard Reports: you can either choose between All and None or manually select from all the existing reports the specific ones that the IB Users will be able to see. You, the IntelliBoard admin, are in total control! Once again, you will see already selected the reports that you have previously associated with the Organizational Role upon its creation and you can further personalize this selection.
Another aspect that can be personalized is the notifications. You can decide if theIB User you are creating is going to be able to access and set up some of our notifications, all or none at all. You can change the selection you had made while creating the Organizational role. Click here to know more about our notifications.
You can let the IB User have access to extra settings, different ones or the same as the Organizational Role assignet to it. This depends on the integrations and products in your account; in the screenshot above, the organizational role could be given access to the settings of IntelliCart LTI.
In the final section, you can decide to give the IB User some Admin Permissions:
- Notifications - They will have access to the creations and management of IB notifications in your account.
- Manage IB Users - They will be able to manage (create, edit, delete) IB Users.
- Manage Roles - They will be able to manage (create, edit, delete) Organizational Roles.
- Report Builder - They will have access to our Report Builder.
- Connection Settings - They will be able to check and edit the settings of your connection(s).
Once you are happy with the options you have chosen for this IB Use, click on the Save button so that they can log in and start using IntelliBoard! You can also click on Cancel to go back to the previous page or on Delete Account when you edit an existing IB User that you want to get rid of.