IntelliBoard's Permit feature allows you, the IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber), to give certain people credentialed access to IntelliBoard.net where they will have permission to review certain data sets within certain reports.
Before you get started...
- You have to set up two components: 1) Organizational Role and 2) IB User.
- You must create an Organizational Role BEFORE creating an IB User.
- Details on Organizational Roles may be found here.
What is an IB User?
First things first, have you created an Organizational Role? If not, see information on and create Organizational Roles.
As the second component of Permit and designed by the IntelliBoard Admin, an IB User is a credentialed account for an individual person to access IntelliBoard.net. An email address serves as the unique identifier for credentialing purposes. An IB User account must first be assigned an Organizational Role (a template of reports and monitors).
- IB Users are credentialed using an email address; the email address is the unique identifier. You may only use an email once for IntelliBoard.
- The same Organizational Role can be assigned to different IB Users.
- The Organizational Role template can be further edited for a specific IB User.
- While an Organizational Role may be the same as an LMS role, the two are not connected. LMS users within a LMS role are not automatically created as IB Users.
Where to find IB Users
First of all, we need to reach the page where we can manage roles and users. To access it, just click on your initials or profile picture in the top right corner and then click on My IB Users. If you are already inside Manage your IntelliBoard Account, just click on the IB Users tab.
How to sync IB Users
Click on Actions and then Sync to get to the page with all the synchronization options and steps. Let's take a look at them!
Connection - choose the connection from the dropdown list from which the user(s) will be synchronized.
Sync Default Values - set the values in the section’s filters below which will be applied for the synchronized user(s).
Role - choose the role from the dropdown list which will be assigned to the synchronized user(s). The roles that are displayed in the dropdown list are the ones created as Organizational Roles.
Job Title - add a job title for the user(s) who will be synchronized.
Send Passwords - click on the checkbox so that it is blue in order to generate automatically a login password to synchronized user(s). The password(s) will be sent to users' email addresses.
Select User(s) - from the dropdown list, choose LMS user(s) to be synchronized. You can choose one or multiple users and they all will be assigned the same Organizational Role and Job Title (as was chosen in the Default Values). All users selected will be using their LMS email to sign in to IntelliBoard.