To share datasets and dashboards with users within your organizations, the Primary Account holder (and others' granted the necessary permission) creates IntelliBoard Users (IB Users) who each have an Organization Role. An IB User is a credentialed account within IntelliBoard; this credentialed account can have specific data assignments to only see certain datasets.
Before you get started...
You have to set up two components: 1) Organization Role and 2) IB User.
You must create an Organization Role BEFORE creating an IB User.
- Additional information including FAQs can be found here.
How do I create an IB User?
From your Avatar, click "Manage IB Users"
Then click "Create IB User".
You have 3 options to create IB Users:
1) Create IB User: Create one user manually (best for initial start up and pilots)
2) Sync IB Users: Leverage the LMS permissions and details to create IB Users (recommended)
3) Import IB Users: Upload users through a CSV sheet
I want to set up IB User accounts in mass? Can I do that?
IB Users can be imported, synced or you can turn on an automatic LTI for those who have an instructor or student course level enrollment. These are all covered in different support documentation.
Creating manual IB Users allows you to set up your initial team quickly. We also suggest you create manual users to pilot a set up or a implementation.
How to Sync IB Users
- IntelliBoard uses email as the unique credentialed agent. If you are trying to create an IB user with an email that already exists in your account (or in another account), it cannot be created. Please contact HelpDesk@IntelliBoard.net for additional assistance or delete the duplicative email.
- If the LTI is enabled for IntelliBoard, the IntelliBoard email and the primary email in the LMS must match.
- An Organizational Role must be active in order to assign to an IB User; to access IntelliBoard an IB User must have an active Org Role. If you do not see the Org Role you wish to assign, please ensure it is active.
- If you change your roles under Connections > Roles Filters, please re-process your LMS Connection data to see the updated filters.
Create IB User > Sync IB Users
From "Create IB User", click "Sync IB Users"
Direct Link: https://next.intelliboard.net/users/sync
Step 1: Confirm Connection
|Drop down; Select the connection from where you’d like to Sync IB Users. Only active connections will appear here. Should you not see your connection, please ensure it’s active through Connections > Edit Connection.
Step 2: Select Org Role
|IB Organization Role
|Drop down; Select the IntelliBoard Organization Role to assign to the new LMS users. Only active Organization Roles will be displayed here. Should you not see your Organization Role, please review under https://next.intelliboard.net/roles
Step 3: Select Connection Role Type
|Drop down; Select the Connection Type Role. This Connection Type Role is set inside IntelliBoard under Connection > Role Settings. The LMS Roles are mapped to the IntelliBoard Role Filters
Note: If you select Moodle and select Instructor, the Instructor with Moodle Group Accommodation
appears. Moodle allows for users and instructors to be assigned to a group within a course. Clicking on the Moodle Group Accommodate allows the sync to be narrowed so instructors within a course also only see the users in their assigned group.
Step 4: Select LMS Users to Sync
Select or search for LMS Users to sync with the particular selections made in Steps 1 - 3.
Sync All Users (without using the selector) or Sync Selected Users at your discretion.
Once you are done with this step to import your IB Users. This will prompt a processing page. You may remain on the page or move away. The sync will continue.
For additional assistance, please email helpdesk@IntelliBoard.net