IntelliBoard's Permit feature allows you, the IntelliBoard Admin (main subscriber), to give certain people credentialed access to IntelliBoard.net where they will have permission to review certain data sets within certain reports.
Before you get started...
- You have to set up two components: 1) Organizational Role and 2) IB User.
- You must create an Organizational Role BEFORE creating an IB User.
- Details on Organizational Roles may be found here.
What is an IB User?
First things first, have you created an Organizational Role? If not, see information on and create Organizational Roles.
As the second component of Permit and designed by the IntelliBoard Admin, an IB User is a credentialed account for an individual person to access IntelliBoard.net. An email address serves as the unique identifier for credentialing purposes. An IB User account must first be assigned an Organizational Role (a template of reports and monitors).
- IB Users are credentialed using an email address; the email address is the unique identifier. You may only use an email once for IntelliBoard.
- The same Organizational Role can be assigned to different IB Users.
- The Organizational Role template can be further edited for a specific IB User.
- While an Organizational Role may be the same as an LMS role, the two are not connected. LMS users within a LMS role are not automatically created as IB Users.
Where to find IB Users
First of all, we need to reach the page where we can manage roles and users. To access it, just click on your initials or profile picture in the top right corner and then click on My IB Users. If you are already inside Manage your IntelliBoard Account, just click on the IB Users tab.
In the new page that will open, click on Actions and then on Import.
How to import IB Users
From Import IB Users, download the Sample CSV File (3) and keep reading to understand what each field means and how to fill it. You will have to download a Blank CSV File (2) and upload it (1) once you have filled it with at least the mandatory fields.
- DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ROW 1. (This has been marked in red in the example below.)
- Enter at least mandatory details: First name, Lastname, Email. (This has been marked in yellow in the example below.)
- You can enter information for all columns: First name, Lastname, Email, Password, Role. To find the specific role number, please go to the Organizational Role and edit the Organizational Role (Organizational Role > Actions > Edit). The Role ID can be found at the end of the URL: https://next.intelliboard.net/roles/98, where 98 is the role ID. (see image below)
- Save the document as a CSV file.
- Click Choose File (next to the number 1 in the image above) to upload it.
If you entered the minimum amount of data, you should set the Default Values (4). Default Values will override the cells that have been left blank in the CSV document and they will be the same for all the imported IB Users (same Organizational Role and Password). To further personalize, you'll need to enter the specific data in the CSV document.
You will also have to choose the Connections (5) to which these IB Users will have access to; you can select more than one if you have multiple connections.
Click on Submit once you are done with both steps to import your IB Users.
If you entered the maximum amount of data, so if you have personalized the Role and Password of each IB User in the CSV file, you should still choose the Connections (5) to which these IB Users will have access to; you can select more than one if you have multiple connections.
Click on Submit once you are done with this step to import your IB Users.