Custom user profile fields data listed in Builder in respective table categories
In order to create and add a filter by custom profile field respective calculation needs to be created first.
HOW TO CREATE A CALCULATION
- Navigate to the Calculations tab in builder mode and hit "Add New".
- Specify the name of your field, description, and choose the category(table) from drop-down in which you would like to place your field. Typically we put this in Users table as this is user-related data.
- In the next step pick "User Profile Data Data" data point.
- Hit Next then.
- Keep only the top five toggles on in the next step.
- Hit "+" to create a filter in the next step.
- Pick "User Profile Field Shortname" data point.
- Choose "Hidden" in the next step.
- Select "Equals" as the operator.
- Use User Profile Field Short name for "Filter Value".
NOTE: CUPF field name can be found in your Moodle LMS under:
Dashboard > Site administration > UsersAccounts >User profile fields > Editing profile field: Company
- Hit "Apply Filter" then and hit Next after that.
- Hit "Create" on the final step.
- Go back to Layout tab and hit "Add Field".
- From Users category pick a field you just created.
- Pick either Calculation as a copy or Calculation as a link.
NOTE: Calculation as a copy means that you add this as a copy to your report. If any changes are made to the Calculation you created in your report it remains unchanged. Calculation as a link means that if any changes are made to the calculation it will be changed in your report as well.
- Once you have your calculation added as a column you can switch to Filters tab and add new filter.
- Pick the same field from Users category.
- Choose either Calculation as a copy or Calculation as a link and then hit "Skip".
- Pick "Select" type in the next step (which refers to visual filter).
- Hit "Apply" in the final step.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have added the filter.
It is now available in the table filter area.
NOTE: You can create a calculation for each Custom User Profile Field available in your LMS by following the steps described above. You can filter by different fields to the same report as well.
For additional assistance please email us at HelpDesk@intelliBoard.net